Melanoma rates have doubled in the last three decades, Reuters reports.
Melanoma is the most deadly form of skin cancer. “More than 90 percent of melanoma skin cancers are due to skin cell damage from ultraviolet (UV) radiation exposure,” the article says.
This is exactly why Gold Skin Care Center has been providing free skin cancer screenings last month and continues to do so throughout June. We encourage the use of sunscreen every single day, even when it’s cloudy or you’re only outside “for a little bit.” This cannot be emphasized enough! Some of our most popular sunscreens and skincare products containing sunscreen are:
- Elta Aero Broad-Spectrum SPF 45
- NeoStrata Matrix Support SPF 30
- Nia24 Sun Damage Prevention SPF 30
- Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- Revision IntelliShade
- SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50
- Dr. Gold’s very own brand, ilissa by Gold, MD
Also, we heavily discourage the use of tanning beds. If you want your skin to be tan, we offer sunless tanning treatments that look natural and cause no risk of skin cancer.
Call Advanced Aesthetics Medical Spa at 615-383-3807 to learn more about the sunscreens we offer.