Laser hair removal is a true and tried technology that has been a staple at Gold Skin Care Center in Nashville since the first laser hair removal devices were developed over 15 years ago.
In fact, Dr. Gold was the first physician in the WORLD to study the intense pulsed light (IPL) for hair removal, in the mid-1990s. It was from the pioneering work that was performed at Gold Skin Care Center that pulsed light became one of the most popular forms of laser hair removal in Nashville, and over the years, Dr. Gold and his team have continued to be pioneers with the IPL devices for hair removal as well as with many of the newer laser devices. What separates our office from others in the region is that we have many laser and light-based devices available for hair removal, and we will customize your treatment based on your individual needs.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment Areas
- Upper Lip
- Back of Neck
- Bikini Line
- Brazilian Bikini
- Half Legs
- Full Legs
- Half Arms
- Full Arms
Laser Hair Removal Devices
- Apogee Elite: Upper lip, sideburns, back of neck, face, bikini line, Brazilian bikini, underarms, knees down, full legs, back, chest, maintenance treatments
- Lumenis Lightsheer Duet: Upper lip, sideburns, back of neck, face, bikini line, Brazilian bikini, underarms, knees down, full legs, back, chest, maintenance treatments
- InMode Diolase: Upper lip, sideburns, back of neck, face, bikini line, Brazilian bikini, underarms, knees down, full legs, back, chest, maintenance treatments
If hair removals are something you have contemplated, rest assured that the procedure, in the proper hands, is safe and works extremely well for all skin colors and for almost all hair colors as well. The Laser and Rejuvenation Center and Advanced Aesthetics Medical Spa in Nashville will customize your hair removal treatment to provide maximum results for each and every one of you.
Laser Hair Removals FAQ
Q: What are the benefits of laser hair removal?
A: See below for the lengthy benefits of laser hair removal.
- The FDA has approved this technology for permanent hair reduction.
- You experience no down time. Resume regular activities immediately.
- Less pain and discomfort compared to other treatment methods.
- Large areas can be treated quickly.
- Chance of scarring and pigmentation changes is minimized.
Q: How many treatments are required?
A: Because the laser affects hair follicles only when they are in the growth phase, more than one treatment may be necessary to disable hair follicles that subsequently enter the growth phase. During your consultation, you will be advised as to the approximate number of treatments. On average, most patients will require a series of treatments (4-6) over a 4-6 month period of time. Most patients, however, do begin noticing hair reduction during the treatments and some may not need all of the treatments provided in a series.
Q: Are there any side effects?
A: As with any laser or light based treatment, adverse events can occur, even in skilled hands. The skill level of the provider is by far the most important issue to consider when it comes to laser hair removal.
Treatment site redness and some swelling right where the laser was used is a common and, in fact, an expected adverse event from laser hair removal. This will only last a short time, but it helps assure us that the light energy will be transferred to the appropriate skin cells. Blister and burn reaction are rare but can occur with laser hair removal. And hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation can occur as a result of laser hair removal. Scarring has been reported in patients having laser hair removal, but this adverse effect is, thankfully, rare.